If you’re an avid frequenter of movie houses or let’s say you view the film as a religion, then, a pair of good 3D glasses should always be within your reach. So, if you’re planning to secure a pair or 2 for your next action movie, check out some of the top-notch options we’ve gathered for you in this list. Before that, for those who are new to these fun accessories, let’s see what you need to know before landing for one.
- Best 3D Glasses Buying Guide
- 10. Active 3D Shutter Glasses with IR Bluetooth
- 9. Bnext Passive 3D Glasses
- 8. ED Sony Passive 3D Glasses
- 7. Better 3D View passive 3D glasses
- 6. Optoma ZF2300 Active 3D Glasses
- 5. Emgreat G15-DLP Active Glasses, 4-pairs
- 4. 3D Heaven Passive Polarized 3D Glasses
- 3. 3Active SAMSUNG-Compatible 3D ACTIVE Glasses
- 2. 3D Heaven Ultra-Clear DLP LINK Active Glasses
- 1. Samsung SSG-5150GB 3D Active Glasses
Best 3D Glasses Buying Guide
Passive Vs Active
In case you didn’t know, 3D glasses are available in either passive or active designs. The most straightforward difference between these 2 is that the latter is powered while the former doesn’t require any powering. They also offer varying levels of experience with the active pieces taking the lead. However, note that different TV models and Projectors are designed specifically for either of the 2.
You need to ensure that your choice of glasses supports your TV or Projector model. While some have universal compatibility, others are designed for specific brands, for instance Samsung.
A good pair of 3D glasses will only be useful if it allows you to concentrate on the cinema rather than regular adjustments and scratches caused by its handles. As such, go for a pair that fits well. Most preferably, consider choosing a piece with adjustable handles for different users.
On this note too, if you use prescription glasses, opt for a pair that goes snugly over them. While these are difficult to find, we’ve aligned several with universal fitting on this list.
Active 3D glasses are pricier than their passive competitors. While a pack of 5 passive glasses may come at below ten bucks, several Active 3D glasses ask for up to 40 dollars for a single unit.
10. Active 3D Shutter Glasses with IR Bluetooth
- By: Excelvan
- Item Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 3.3 x 2.2 inches
Our first contender on this list of the best 3D glasses is this pair from Excelvan. These glasses are designed to work with an array of models from renowned brands including Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, LG, and Epson projectors. With a response time of 2.0ms and incredible 750:1 contrast, these glasses promise perfect picture clarity and minimized eyestrain. In addition, Excelvan 3D shutter glasses use Bluetooth and IR signals which deliver a 2-way communication. This translates to speedy responses an advanced movie experience. Moreover, they have a built-in rechargeable battery. It recharges fully in 2 hours only and will offer a whole 20 hours of flawless entertainment.
- Uses a rechargeable battery
- It’s compatible with many TV and projector models
- Works with projectors
9. Bnext Passive 3D Glasses
- By: Bnext
- Item Weight: 3.7 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 5.2 x 2 inches
Active 3D glasses are known to be weighty and uncomfortable for prolonged usage. However, you can thwart this by opting for this pair of passive 3D glasses. At only 3.7 ounces, you’ll doubtlessly forget that you’re wearing them. Mind you that is the true hallmark of a perfect pair of 3D glasses. Without forgetting, this pack comprises of 4 pairs with versatile compatibility. This comes in handy especially if your family is made up of a bunch of movie lovers. Even better, you get a bonus contact glasses ClipOn. Unlike its active glasses equivalent, this pair requires no charging.
- It’s lightweight for extended wear
- Has versatile compatibility
- Some reviewers claim that it’s hard to clean the glasses
8. ED Sony Passive 3D Glasses
- By: eDimensional
- Item Weight: 4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 5.3 x 2.3 inches
Considering that eDimensional is offering 4 pairs of these passive glasses at below 12 bucks, this is a great option if you’re seeking for quality and a bang for yourbucks. However, do know that these glasses won’t work with active 3D TVs. Fortunately, they work well with all passive 3D televisions including but not limited to Sony, Vizio, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC, and Philips. They are made of high-grade flexible plastic that won’t break easily. Their flexible design makes them ideal for different users with different head contours.
- You get 4 pairs at an incredible price
- The lenses are scratch-resistant
- Won’t work with 3D Active TVs
7. Better 3D View passive 3D glasses
- By: Better 3D View
- Item Weight: 1.3 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 2 x 1.6 inches
This pack of 2 pairs of passive 3D glasses costs twice the price of other units featured on this list. However, their great features will see them top your list of must-have entertainment arsenal. Firstly, they work well with all passive 3D TV models. Secondly, they are made of T90 plastic. This plastic is known for its amazing flexible characteristics. It also makes these glasses ultra lightweight and strong for several years of usage. Better 3D View glasses also feature thick 1.4mm lenses for durability. Even better, they have been designed with your prescription glasses in mind. So, if it’s hard for you to get a pair of 3D glasses to use over your prescription glasses (excluding the oversized ones), be the first to add these to the cart.
- Fit snugly on regular prescription glasses
- Are durable
- Are pricey
6. Optoma ZF2300 Active 3D Glasses
- By: Optoma
- Item Weight: 1.3 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 6.4 x 1.5 inches
These Optoma ZF2300 Active Glasses have been designed to work on all Optoma projectors particularly those with 3D VESA ports. This pair weighs 1.3 ounces only thereby eliminating the perception that all active glasses are heavy. Unlike most of its rivals that use IR emitters, Optoma ZF2300 uses Radio Frequency technology. This means that you’ll no longer lose signals by turning your head or when someone passes across your line of sight. Again, this pair uses a rechargeable lithium polymer battery that offers at least 25 hours of use on a full charge.
- One size fits all
- Comes with a carry case
- The cheap plastics used aren’t worth the price
5. Emgreat G15-DLP Active Glasses, 4-pairs
- By: Emgreat
- Item Weight: 9.1 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 4.9 x 4.1 inches
Emgreat 3D Active Glasses have been designed with only one purpose in mind; to let you concentrate more on the movie’s plot rather than an irritated ear. Again, they have been developed for use with almost all DLP-Link 3D projectors including Acer, Dell, Vivitek, BenQ, Viewsonic, Optoma, LG, NEC, and Sharp amongst others. Users appreciate its high 2.0ms response time since it ensures no flickering or ghosts which may lead to eyestrain. Emgreat G15-DLP Active Glasses use CR2025 Button Cell Battery which offers up to 100 hours of working time. You’ll also be alerted of low energy by its alarm function.
- Has prolonged working time
- Their handles fit all users
- The handles feel flimsy and break easily
4. 3D Heaven Passive Polarized 3D Glasses
- By: 3DHeaven
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 6.3 x 4.6 inches
This package from 3D Heaven brings 10 pairs of adult-size passive 3D glasses and 2 extra pairs for your kids. Amazingly, it still costs below 20 bucks rendering it one of the most economical ways of converting your living room into a full-time 3D Theater. Unbelievably, these glasses weigh just a pound. Since they don’t use power, they offer uncountable hours of continuous usage either at home or at the theaters. In addition, 3D Heaven Passive Glasses are compatible with almost any TV model and 3D movies using passive 3D technology.
- You get 10 pairs adult-sized and 2 kids-sized glasses
- They are lightweight
- Some users find them uncomfortable
3. 3Active SAMSUNG-Compatible 3D ACTIVE Glasses
- By: 3ACTIVE
- Item Weight: 5 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 3.2 x 2.2 inches
These 3Active 3D Active Glasses are designed for use with Bluetooth Samsung 3D TVs. They were designed to replace the problematic Samsung 3D glasses. These glasses are compatible with different Samsung series including all JS, JU, H, F, E, ES, and D series. 3Active glasses feature flexible plastic construction. They have then been finished with a smooth coating to prevent scratches. They are also rechargeable and fit snugly over prescription eyeglasses.
- They fit over prescription glasses
- Compatible with all Bluetooth Samsung 3D TVs
- Are pricey at over 40 bucks
2. 3D Heaven Ultra-Clear DLP LINK Active Glasses
- By: 3DHeaven
- Item Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 2.8 x 2.1 inches
These active glasses from 3D Heaven have been designed to work perfectly with most DLP Link projectors including LG, Infocus, Casio, Dell, Sharp, and Smart Technologies amongst other big names. They are favorably rated because of their impressive 144Hz refresh rates and also for being accommodative to models with slower 120Hz and 96Hz. Compared to its competitors, these are hard to beat given that they are made of super soft rubber, not plastic.
- They are super soft
- Work with different DLP Link projectors
- Only work with projectors
1. Samsung SSG-5150GB 3D Active Glasses
- By: Samsung
- Item Weight: 0.3 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 1.6 x 6.3 inches
These are amongst the most reviewed glasses in this list of the 10 Best 3D Glasses. They are designed for Samsung 3D TVs and will do well with all D/E/EH/FH/ES/F, and H series. Unlike 3D Heaven active glasses reviewed above that weight over 5 ounces, this Samsung SSG-5150GB weighs 0.3 ounces making in unbeatable in that niche. Its flexible handles are designed to fit all head sizes and shapes. It comes with 2 CR1620 batteries each promising up to 70 hours usage.
- It’s lightweight
- Have one-button operations
- Designed for Samsung TVs